Monday, October 6, 2014

The Blogger Life

As you probably know, I am currently enrolled in a class called Social Media Principles. One requirement for the class is to create a blog that includes 3 posts: one about social media or PR, one about my life at ONU and one about the book we are reading in class. Although I struggle to find something to write, I couldn't be happier to have this blog. 

I personally feel that blogging is one form of social media that is often overlooked in our society. Blogging might be different from Facebook or Twitter or Instagram, but it is a great way to release thoughts and to promote yourself. 

I found an article titled "The 20 Biggest Benefits of Blogging,"which explains how maintaining a blog is beneficial for users. The benefits that stood out the most to me include becoming a better writer, gaining influence in the online community, building your network, learning in-demand skills, improving your SEO, expressing yourself, helping others and taking control of your identity. These benefits are the most important because they all play a part in creating an online presence. 

The article also talks about how companies can use blogs to reach out to its customers to improve its brand. Companies are able to learn more about the customers and sell products by using blogs, and blogging is a skill that not all people can master. This gives companies that use blogs an advantage over those that don't. 

Blogging is the best kept secret of the social media world, but I think more people could benefit from hosting a blog. I'm just getting started in this class, but I plan to continue with a blog in the future. 

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you about blogging being the best kept secret of social media. I may complain about it but it is a great way to release a lot of thoughts that are pent up inside. I can yell my opinion with no remorse. Honestly might keep blogging after this class and I'm not just saying this so Aggie can see it either.

    ReplyDelete