Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Big Things Come in Little Packages

I am finally able to announce that I now have a Little sister in my sorority. Although it was difficult to keep the secret for two weeks, the look on her face when I blew out her candle was priceless. My Little is Hannah Lane, and I could not be any happier to announce that to the world.

Getting your Little is one of the biggest events of your time in a sorority and I am so honored to have found the perfect one for me. I remember getting my Big last year and I also remember looking around the room at my reveal and seeing families with 10 or more girls in them. There were only three people from my family at my reveal and my known family only consists of eight women total. That is tiny compared to some of the families. It's about quality, not necessarily quality, and we could not have found a better person to be in the Flower Family.

I was asked two weeks ago if I would take Hannah as my Little and I said yes and began crying because I was so happy and relieved. From the moment I met her, I knew I could see her being my Little sister.

I am the youngest member of my family, so being the older one in the family is a different experience for me, but I plan to make the most of my experience as Hannah's Big.

Last night was one of the best nights of my life and I wouldn't trade how I felt for the world. There is no greater joy than the first hug you get from your Little when you reveal yourself to them. Hannah is the perfect Flower and the perfect Little for me. I can't wait to see where our relationship goes in the future, and I promise to always stand by her side.

Welcome to the Flower Family, Hannah. I can't wait to see all the wonderful things you accomplish, and I am so proud to be able to say I am your Big forever and always.



"Being a family means you are a part of something very wonderful. It means you will love and be loved for the rest of your life. No matter what."

No comments:

Post a Comment