Saturday, October 25, 2014

Course Overload and Registration Stress

As the final weeks of classes are coming toward me at full force, I am feeling the stress and frustration of finishing my current classes and beginning the new ones.

I calculated my grades in all of classes, which turned out to be a huge mistake. I know this semester has not been my best, but after looking at all of my current grades, I feel a wave of disappointment take over. Right now, I only have an A in one of my classes, two are Bs and two are Cs. I'm positive that I have never received a C as a final grade, but that is something that might happen at this point. We have six weeks left of classes and then it's the dreaded finals week. The stress is finally beginning to get to me, but I worry it is too late to make a major change.

I have never needed to study a lot for any of my classes, especially in high school. It is a shock to me when I see that I'm doing poorly in my classes because that has never been an issue. This proves to me that I need to make a change for the remaining of the semester and into next semester. Actually applying myself and studying will improve my experience in classes, and I hope to come out next semester with good grades.

This week is the beginning of registration for spring semester and that in itself is stressful. On top of that, my adviser has yet to communicate with me about what I need to schedule. I emailed my past adviser about courses and he informed me that he has retired and I need to contact another faculty member, who is my actual adviser. This information would have been beneficial to me at the beginning of the year so I knew who to contact with questions regarding my academics. I am disappointed in the faculty in the math department for how they handled my situation.

My frustration aside, I hope to improve my study habits in the future. This year has been a test for me, but I feel like I might be failing. With six weeks left, maybe I can make the change I desperately need.

No comments:

Post a Comment