Monday, September 15, 2014

Homesick and Breaking Down

This past weekend was full of excitement and fun, but also stress and lack of sleep. I couldn't be happier with how things turned out for my sorority and the rest of Greek life, but I would give anything to just go home.

I am not the type of person who wants to go home every weekend and I do not call my parents everyday, but home is calling me now. My life at ONU is great; recruitment is now over, classes are going well and I feel comfortable, but I really miss my dog and my mom and my stepfather and my house in the middle of nowhere. 

Before coming to ONU, I was always independent and didn't need my parents around all the time. I actually preferred when they weren't around. I enjoyed my freedom and I love that I was able to be responsible for myself. Towards the end of my high school career, I realized how lucky I really was to have the parents I have. They trust me and I know I can always turn to them if I need something. Like most teenagers, I couldn't wait to leave the house and be an adult, but I'm beginning to miss my parents being there. 

I can't begin to explain how much I would love to go home and curl up on the couch with my dog. It would feel so wonderful to start a movie and just relax without worrying about not being productive enough. I can daydream all I want, but reality will hit again soon. I have homework, sorority events and I was hoping to get a workout in tonight. I am beginning to feel guilty for taking that two hour nap earlier. 

I guess the old saying holds, you never know what you have until it's gone. I had a loving family, time to relax and do nothing all day, home cooked meals and a dog to always cuddle with. Now, I have my laptop, homework to do, tests to study for, one true meal eaten today and only a stuffed animal to cuddle with. Home sounds pretty good to me, and it's only Monday.

1 comment:

  1. I really understand where you're coming from here this past week was a struggle for me and then this week isn't going so well either. I just want to go home and relax with my dog and enjoy time and life. But instead I am here slaving away at this education we supposedly need. Hope everything gets better for you as it has for me.

    ReplyDelete