Tuesday, December 2, 2014

A Fresh Start

As the calendar year and school year come to a close, I start to reflect on this year and wonder what I could have done differently. Well, it's safe to say that I would change a lot of things if I could go back in time and restart this year, but I can't go back and I am stuck here with a month left in the year 2014.

What can I change for the future? How can I improve my life and relationships? Who do I want to become? These are the questions  floating around in my head, and they are the questions I'm not sure how to answer. December always seems to be a month of reflection, celebration and longing for change. We always wait for the first day of the year, January 1, to begin any new idea or project or diet or anything. Why are we always waiting?

I suppose it is easier to make a difference when you are beginning something new. I tell myself I'm going to workout on Monday because it makes more sense to start at the beginning of the week. I tell myself I will apply myself and study more next semester. We look for that beginning because it makes sense to start there and make a change.

My hope is to make an extreme change in my lifestyle, but why not wait another month to get started? A new year seems like a good time to make a change.

I guess I can call the list I'm about to make my New Year's resolutions. January 1, 2015 will bring change to my life and here is my promise to follow through with the changes I want to make. Now, I'm going to apologize for the cliche resolutions I will have, but I believe these are necessary to living a happier, healthier life.


  1. Eat well balanced, healthy meals every day including a breakfast, lunch, dinner and three snacks.
  2. Exercise at least four times a week incorporating fun, effective workouts
  3. Get to know more of my sisters and other people outside of my small friend group
  4. Begin a yoga routine to improve mind and body
  5. Sleep at least 8 hours every night
  6. Get all homework done in a timely manner and avoid staying up until past midnight working on the homework due the next day
I am genuinely looking forward to the new year so I can begin a new lifestyle. For all of my close friends out there, please help me follow these resolutions. Change can be extremely difficult, but I know these changes will improve my outlook on life and overall success. 


No comments:

Post a Comment