Thursday, November 20, 2014

Home Sweet Home

The anticipation of going home tomorrow might be killing me because I can't wait to see my family, my dog and my friends. Although I have about 30 hours left to wait, I can't help thinking that I am going home right now to relax curled up on the couch with Buster. 

I'll admit it, this semester has been pretty hard on me and I feel distant from my family and friends. I'm hoping all bad feelings are relieved after being home for a little over a week. I haven't seen any of my friends, or even my family, since Fall Break. Now, that was only about a month ago, but it feels like eternity. It's safe to say going home will be a much needed break from classes and busy schedules, and there is always the added bonus of Thanksgiving.

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. There's just something about the warm welcome of family and the smell of pumpkin pie and turkey. I have a lot to be thankful for, but I know sometimes I forget to stop and remember those things. So, in the spirit of Thanksgiving, here is what I am thankful for this year.

  • My mom because she has always been my role model. I know I don't call or talk to her as much as I should, but I know being home this week will be good for both of us, and I am so excited to see her.
  • Nolan, my boyfriend, because he honestly treats me with more respect and care than I ever could have imagined. I can't wait to spend this holiday and many other holidays with him!
  • My step dad, Tom, because he is a great guy and I know he does a lot for me, even when I don't ask. 
  • My roommate, Michelle, because she brings so much light to my life. I know I can always count on her to be silly with me and I'm so thankful to have the opportunity to be her roommate this year.
  • Devan and Jordan because I know I can always count on them to have my back. These girls have been such a major part of my life and I know they will be lifelong friends. Thank you, formal sorority recruitment last year, for bringing these two crazy cats into my life.
  • My Little, Hannah, because she has truly shown me what it means to be a big sister. We always have fun together and she has helped me grow so much in the short few months since we met. I wouldn't trade her for anything, and I am thankful that she loves me as much as I love her.
  • My Big, Ashley, because she is always there if I need her. We don't see each other as much as I wish we could, but her texts and posts on my Facebook page always brighten my day. I'm thankful for having a Big as amazing as Ashley.
  • Mathematics because, well, I wouldn't know what I was doing at ONU if I wasn't studying mathematics. I can always count on math to stump me and then brighten my day when I finally understand what I'm doing.
    • Don't laugh at me for this one! I truly hope you could say the same for your major or profession because you should probably change if you don't feel the same,
I truly can't wait to go home and celebrate Thanksgiving with the people who make the biggest impact in my life. I am thankful to be going home tomorrow. I hope you all have a safe and thankful Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment